Monday 5 November 2007

I should comment on my huge learning curve in technology. I did not even know what an html page, a blog or a wiki was when I started. Now I can create pages, make links, configure pages, insert images, animations, (although finding them is time consuming) all in the snap of a finger. I could create a dreamweaver page with my eyes shut. I have also learnt how to trouble shoot, stepping through every stage of the process to find the problem. The hardest part is knowing what you don’t know. Sometimes, you just don’t have an answer and it can be so frustrating. It’s a good thing I won’t let anything beat me. My motto is “Give in, don’t give up!”

I think I will enjoy having a play with the web design now that the pressure is off and I can do it for my own interest.

Thanks to Debra for opening up this incredible world. I am currently writing an online writing support program for a distance student of mine...so it's back to Dreamweaver...aaaarrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,

Congratulations. Well done.

I just came back from your wonderful hotpotato module. You did a good job. It is well organized and all the instructions are clear and easy to follow. I liked the gap-fill exercise very much. Students will be highly motivated to listen. and other exercises are quite good too. I liked the pictures. Your module provides people with comprehensive information. After visiting your module, I learned a lot about the great painter. Thanks.

I will go back tonight. Good bye. I will miss you.

Best wishes.

-Jean-

Anonymous said...

yeahyeahyeah

how can you know that you don't know something if you don't know it???